There are high school sweethearts… and then there are Meredith and Alex, who have been sweethearts since childhood. Just in case your heart hasn’t already exploded, we should add their parents threw their baby showers together. (Fair warning, we totally plagiarized this from our own blog post from their South Haven engagement… but it was too cute not to share again!) Considering their fairy tale story so far, it only makes sense Meredith and Alex’s Kalamazoo, Michigan wedding was perfect. Here are just a few of our favorite memories:
1. It was evident how important family is to Meredith + Alex. Meredith shared multiple notes throughout the day from her grandpa, all sweetly handwritten. Our favorite was written to Meredith’s mom and was framed on the cake table. It read, “Suzi – When the kids get married, please ask them to use this bride & groom on top of their cake. It worked for mom & me.”
2. Their last name is “Culver,” so they left Culver’s coupons on all the tables for their guests. This was a hilarious, personal and delicious approach to favors. We highly recommend.
3. Meredith is an incredibly talented graphic designer, so the paper goods and the details were extraordinary. We especially loved the bright, colorful invitation suite she put together.
4. Alex’s mom shed many happy tears throughout the day. Although it was the first time we met Mrs. Culver and Mrs. Twiss, it made our hearts so happy to see them watch the marriage of their kids. Can you imagine how happy they would have been at the baby showers if they knew what their Meredith + Alex’s future held?
5. How quickly Alex could go from cracking up to his “serious” expression. It made us laugh every time.
5. Meredith + Alex’s preppy style! From Alex’s bow tie and Meredith’s coral statement necklace to the bridesmaid dresses, we thought their wedding day look was perfect.
Mr. + Mrs. Culver – thank you for asking us to be your wedding photographers. We think you two make an extraordinary team. We can’t wait to see all you continue to accomplish together! Cheers! Also, to Alex, our favorite Western Michigan alumni – Fire Up, Chips! 🙂